Looking for a film and photo location in Palm Springs, CA?
Enjoy the hospitality and seclusion of Casa de Monte Vista’s Spanish-style estate in the Old Las Palmas neighborhood near downtown Palm Springs, CA. This walled and gated film and photo venue provides abundant greenery and landscaping, potted flowers and tropical plants, stone fountains with cascading water, brightly flowering trees, green space, iron gates, antique doors, rose garden, solar-heated saltwater pool, caterer-ready outdoor kitchen with bar, tile floors, saltillo tile patios, alluring old-world-themed props including antique furniture, handmade Spanish tiles, stone pieces and art. We have several private casitas for overnight stays, dressing rooms, multiple bathrooms, 2 gated entrances with space for film crew parking.
- Product and Fashion Photography
- Figurative Photography
- Movie Filming
This property is available to lease by the day for film crews and photographers.
• Hollywood filmmaker Steven Soderbergh chose this location for the movie “Behind the Candelabra,” a movie about Liberace, starring Michael Douglas, Matt Damon and Debbie Reynolds, Rob Lowe and Dan Aykroyd.
• Casamigos Tequila Company (founded by George Clooney and Rande Gerber) and America’s top mixologist Brian Van Flandern from the Food Network. Set photography for “Tequila Cocktails” book created and shot at Casa de Monte Vista.
• Fashion models and photographers for Kloset Envy.
• PS Underground, a secret underground supper club with events in and around Palm Springs.
CBS Local 2 News reports on Behind the Candelabra filming in Palm Springs
“Behind the Candelabra” scenes with Debbie Reynolds filmed at Casa de Monte Vista